Wednesday 10 July 2013

Southern Bavaria & Austria part 7 - Wednesday bimble




Here's the Stelvio didn't put my foot down once thru hairpin after hairpin I lost count at 100. Monday rode alone to the Gerlos pass and on to stay at Gasthoff Freiberg for two nights. Met German biker looked like the mad king from chitty bang bang i wish he wore helmet with spike on top. Schnell schnell. Tue I conquered the Grossglockner (mark knoppler) see pic in prev post. I was caught in Thunderstorm Like no other in the time it took to get rain gear on there was a river of water flowing over my boots. Then lightning bolt in front of me led me to turn in to farmhouse and shelter in a wood store. The farmer waved from the house as if to say it was ok.Today I head to Hallstatt east of Salzburg and follow the Salzach river. Hope to camp a couple of nights and take in the sights more later.





No comments:

Post a Comment