Sunday 14 July 2013

Southern Bavaria & Austria part 13 - Thunder Road

My new name for the Deutch Alpenstrasse. This road just kept flowing snaking its way thru some of the most amazing scenery every bend was Ideal roll on roll the power off into valleys streams forests azure blue lakes then climbing up an over mountainous roads, leafy glades then a small toll road next to a stream. 


I made Fussen with ease by 3.30 170 miles. I kept coming across this lady German biker on a bandit I'd overtake her and she'd catch me up then take me. Occasionally I'd do the GS standby up thing to cool my bum, she'd mimic me and do the same on the bandit with a little wiggle. I must say best looking rear end of any Bandit I've seen (no offence Lindsay or Mark ! ). After a while I peeled off into Fussen  and we waved our byes.

After a short stop I headed out to Neuschwanstein castle.



It was busy with tourists so decided to ride the 70 or so miles and continue on Thunder Road (tramps like us baby we were born to run) yes listening to Springsteen again. Toward Lindau. Great end to the day 245 miles in total.

Hers some pics of Lake Bodensee/Konstanz


You can see the Swiss Alps in the distance! I made it to a nice campsite by 7pm room for just me left 15 euro.


Heading for Colmar today Sunday 150 miles. More later.






No comments:

Post a Comment