Wednesday 10 July 2013

Southern Bavaria & Austria part 6 - Hallstatt

Today I have taken a steady ride from Gasthoff Friedburg east past Zell Am See and then north toward Salzburg winding along avoiding motorways following the Salzach river as it gets wider. This was some spectacle the forest just kept getting more dense and it was a relief to follow the valley in the shade. I'm riding with vents open no neck scarf and fully factor 15'd up. Scorching. So then I round this bend and there it is - Hallstatt to camp up for a couple of nights. What a place 
It's a world unesco heritage site and preserves the true Austrian way of life. There are ice caves to visit and a salt mine maybe tomorrow. So I've pitched up been to supermarket and boght some trad dark rye bread to go with me noodles and kippers!






No comments:

Post a Comment