Monday 16 March 2020

Social Isolation on Clee Hill

What a start to this year ! Weeks of horrendous weather with repeated storms keeping my bike under wraps until March, finally getting dry enough roads to have new tyres fitted last weekend down at Cotswold Motorrad, and now just as I'm thinking of getting out and about in the Spring, all of the drama involved with the Coronavirus Pandemic encouraging us to all avoid none essential travel !

Anyway, 'sod it' I thought, I've been itching to get out, so today while working from home I couldn't resist an extended lunch break with a ride down to Bridgnorth, looping back via Ludlow with a quick stop on Clee Hill. A cool but sunny day at last, great to scrub the tyres in. I've had the trusty Metzelers (Tourance Next) fitted again, first set on this GS, but  I've always been happy with them in the past. The Battleax A41's were good, but only got 5k out of them, and reckon the Metzelers have a more premium feel. Let's hope I get the usual 6k+ like I did on my old GS.

 


Quite a few other bikes out too. A quarter of a car park full at Quatt Cafe, which is great for a Monday, and this guy on his Royal Enfield Himalayan, and another chap out on his old Matchless Single. 

The Himalayan looks a lot of fun, the owner having sorted the trademark electrical issues out, and the Matcless too sporting LED lights to keep the current consumption down. Nice to have a chat to their owners while keeping 1 metre apart of course! Disappointing that most of us with motorcycle tours planned will have to cancel this year, probably including my trip to Normandy / Brittany with Steve and Motorrad tours in mid-May. Damn.




Anyway, good to get out at last, if only to knock the bobbles off the tyres and stretch into the new riding gear at the same time (my Motorcycle Live bargains from last November). Looking forward to some warmer days now. 👍

No comments:

Post a Comment