Sunday 30 June 2019

Make it up ride around Herefordshire

Right on the heels of my trip way to the West Country and before I do the Airport run this evening I decided to give Lindsay a bell, see if he was up for a breakfast ride out to Shobdon Aerodrome. He managed to get a pass out, so we met at my house and headed off out toward Button Oak then on to Cleobury and over Clee Hill. Today was cooler, so instead of the usual run to Tenbury Wells, I decided to cut through the back end of Ludlow via Caynham and then on to Mortimers Cross that way. Lindsay hadn't ridden that way before, a much more interesting route where part of it takes you up the narrow lanes for a section, very scenic I have to say.




Good to catch up with my old riding 'mukka' who tends to ride in the week these days, so after a good hearty breakfast I decided we should have a good ride around making it up as we go. The idea I had in mind was to avoid main roads and find some B roads, linking them up somehow and keeping the route home accessible if we got bored. I have to say, we didn't get bored and spent the next couple of hours looping back over a kind of figure of eight in and out of Herefordshire crossing over at Tenbury Wells and ending up riding down to Bromyard then back via Stanford Bridge and Great Witley. Superb mornings ride, and good to ride with Lindsay this year at last 👍😃

Ad-hoc Route around Herefordshire



No comments:

Post a Comment