Sunday 14 April 2019

Cold morning ride to Shobdon

Nice little ride today, quite cold though well down to 6 degrees as a I set off from home out toward Tenbury Wells. I really enjoy that run up through Clows Top. As I came past Little Hereford I came across temporary traffic lights and a convoy system, so I pulled up in front of the traffic at the side of a nice looking F 800 ST. I got chatting to it's owner, a friendly chap Andy from Bewdley while we waited in the queue, he was heading in the same direction it seems, toward Shobdon Aerodrome Cafe. Travelling together we arrived just before a large party of Motorcycle club members arrived so we managed to nip in the cafe while the club was parking up to place orders of two small breakfasts ahead of the rush.  


Andy was just recovering from the broken leg he endured just before Christmas while riding his trail bike in Wales and this was one of his first rides of the year. Sounds like he was having a lot of fun out riding the trails near 'break neck falls' - the waterfall I visited a couple of years ago. Apparently there are some legal trails out there through the forest,  and sadly he hit a rut and broken his ankle. Amazingly, he managed to ride the bike back to the van before heading to hospital later. Anyway, good to see he's out riding again. We both got chatting to a guy who was riding an original Norton Dominator wearing just a Brando style leather jacket and was thinking how cold he must be in classic biker gear.

During our breakfast myself and Andy exchanged phone numbers.  It turns out he is on the same ferry as me leaving Portsmouth to Santander Spain riding down the same day so we'll keep our eye out on the boat and maybe have a beer together. 

Later on, for a ride I decided to follow Andy who had a Ride Mag' route loaded on his Garmin for a quick loop around Presteigne - good ride, Andy and the ST was batting along quite nicely. Good mornings ride ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment