Friday 6 May 2016

Motogoloco


Have been experimenting with some great on line GPS mapping software today called MotGoLoco

I really like it so far, an absolute breeze to use compared to Basecamp or even Tyre for that matter. The software works while you are on line via Google Maps, and allows you to build up your own on-line database of routes. You can export the route to a .GPX (Garmin/TomTom file), ITN (TomTom), KML (Google Map),  CSV and other formats locally to your system. The Software runs in your browser (I used Chrome), and can even connect direct to your GPS device to save the file, or write it out to a file (export). It requires registration, but is really fast at plotting and easy to use.

For a simple test, I saved a route I will be riding this weekend to a GPX file ready for my Garmin 390, but also exported to a KML file, and dragged it in to the 'My Maps' within Google Maps, set it to public share and embedded it here in my blog. Hopefully, if it all went well you should see the route below:



Here's the same route via the MotoGoLoco website: Ride to Burford in the Cotswolds

I'll do a write up how the actual MotoGoLoco route ride went  later. Watch this space as they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment