Tuesday 15 September 2015

Ahh .... those Rolling Hills



Rolling Hills Ride Out
It was great to join up with the Rolling Hills at the OK Diner, Leominster on Saturday with Mark! A good days ride I must say.

Actually, purely coincidental that we were at the Diner just as they ride in. Quite funny considering I was a member a few years ago before I was nearly thrown out for coming up against the committee during a club 'move' period. That's all history now, since then I bought the GS and the days of endless processions are gone. Just fun rides, at a pace I enjoy, to places I choose to go now. But it was good to see them, I had a lot of fun with them back then, some very nice people, I wish them well. Couldn't resist looking up their club website only to find a photo including me on their ride report. Never thought I would end up on their ride report section again - LOL.

Good ride with Mark, who led the way most of the afternoon down to Crossgates then back up to Knighton on the sublime A483. This last week has been a difficult week, discovered an old mate from long ago (Gary Peplow) died in Spain while touring near Segovia. I credit him and his brother Dean with inspiring me into buying a Motorcycle all those years ago (1982 Suzuki GP 100) when I used to live in Bewdley - and I'm really glad they did. Getting up early on Sunday mornings going for a blast around Rock with Dean and and admiring Gary's success at Trials. Sadly, Dean also lost his life in a bike accident in Little Hereford 10 years ago, and it was fairly recently I saw Gary with his dad Graham (on his Ariel) and James his son at the Aviator in Shobden for the first time for a while, and they seemed to be coming to terms with losing Dean, even restoring Graham's Ariel in tribute to him as was explained an unfinished project of Deans.So, I cannot begin to imagine how devastating this must be for his parents Graham and Noreen and his own family.
My thoughts are with them all, I wish them well.

Kind of ironic, that while contemplating the wonderful times I have had riding Motorcycles, and if I should continue with the risk, bringing back with memories of Paul's fatal biking accident, the Rolling Hills should turn up to remind of the fun I have had over the years riding, the people I have met and the places I have been on bikes.

Thanks to Mark for leading the way, great to see him, and looking forward to a trip out with him again soon. Ride Safe.

RIP Gary and Dean.

No comments:

Post a Comment