Saturday 4 June 2011

The Belgian Ardennes - Part 3 - Dinant, Bastogne into Luxembourg





Arrived in Dinant, After a real 'Dads' Army day'. Before meeting Ron and the tour group the four of us agreed to ride out to visit a chapel/cathedral. This turned into quite a challenge as we struggled to keep us all together. Steve travelling behind suddenly turned off  - taking directions from his Garmin Zumo 6 Sat Nav, I didn't have a GPS nor Rob, so I tried to catch up with the others to turn us around but as we came to a halt Peter dropped his bike. No real harm done, but then I noticed my phone was on low battery and eventually shut down. Out came the maps and I do recall myself and Rob trying to track down Steve on a Motorway, I spotted him at an intersection leading to the toll road, took chase after hm but in doing so lost Peter and Rob. I caught up with Steve at a service station and continued on to the rendezvous point with him in Cambrai. While sat there eating lunch with Ron and the rest of the tour group myself and Steve became more and more anxious about Peter and Rob's whereabouts and managed to get Ron to delay the departure. Thankfully, they arrived about twenty minutes later, I can't recall if they made lunch but quite a stressful time and a lot to learn about group riding while touring. At least were now in Ron's safe hands.



Ron, our leader and coffee time.


Can't think of anything better than a blast thru the Ardennes on a Saturday morning.!


Just ridden through Bastogne via Clervaux WW2 battle of the bulge ,....'Nuts'.


Curry Wurst. Now for the bulge! Don't do this and ride without taking indigestion tablets on tour!


Esch-Saur, in Luxembourg.


Heading back to Belgium.

No comments:

Post a Comment